Based on CDC, NYS Department of Health, and American Massage Therapy Association mandates, protocols, and suggestions we had been able to safely ease some COVID practices here at Studio 3. What a joy and a relief!
However, our region in Upstate New York has reached High Risk status for those who have not received the COVID vaccine. With this in mind and holding everyone's best health and safety in highest regard, we need to postpone booking a massage session for those of you who have not received the COVID vaccine until the risk factor returns to Low.
I love working with each and every one of you and I am so grateful that you are here. Sending great love and peace to you all.
NYS COVID protocols lifted.
March 15, 2021
Received my second COVID vaccination today!
February 22, 2021
Received my first COVID vaccination today!
November 1, 2020
Beginning weekly COVID testing at SUNY Albany.
June 19, 2020
The Capital Region of New York State has entered Phase 3 of reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic. Massage Therapy was part of this phase. I reopened the studio following the cautious guidelines set forth by the New York State Department of Health, and adding some extras of my own design to ensure everyone's ongoing good health. Below is an outline of these measures.
* All surfaces are disinfected between sessions: Massage table, face rest, chairs, table, all interior and exterior railings, doorknobs, and latches, toilet, sink, clothing bin, pens, and anything that any of us touch.
* Massage table face rest is triple disinfected. I have purchased several face rests so that each session receives a fresh, triple disinfected face rest, along with a fresh waterproof cover.
* I place an extra cushion of time between sessions to allow for thorough disinfection of premises between sessions.
* I wear a face mask the entire duration of each session.
* I take my temperature each day upon entering the studio.
* I ask that you wear your face mask to the studio and for the duration of the session except when you are lying face down on the massage table. At that time you may remove your mask and place it under your chest if you so wish.
* I wash my hands and forearms extensively before and after each session and multiple times while disinfecting.
* Everyone washes their hands upon entering the studio and/or uses hand sanitizer.
* I take your temperature before your session, in addition to asking you a short series of COVID related questions.
* I receive a COVID-19 test every 14 days at the NYS Testing Site at SUNY Albany.